The MIT from SGU is a cutting-edge graduate degree addressing information and communications technology applications in business organizations. It prepares the participants for careers in IT management, computer security administration, information security and knowledge management.
Supported by leading-edge research and partners from the IT industry, the MIT from SGU addresses emerging issues in the information technology arena and offers a wide-range of elective courses to suit individual career aspirations.
Graduates of this programme are qualified to take up challenging positions in both business and government organizations and are capable of acting as catalysts for changes in IT focused, networked and digitalised organizations.
This unique interdisciplinary master’s degree programme combines study in information management, enterprise architecture, corporate IT infrastructure, computer forensics and professional development in management.
- Integration of both learning processes and working experiences.
- Strong links with companies, in particular from the IT industry.
- Combining IT with business knowledge.
- Courses which are focused on securing information as an assets of an organization and are inline with IASA, ISACA or EC-Council curricula.
- Team of lecturers which consist of both experienced researchers and practitioners in the field of information security.
MIT of SGU covers the area of Information Security and IT Governance. The structure and curriculum of this programme are outlined below:
This programme is conducted on Saturdays in SGU Campus, EduTown, BSD City – Tangerang. The programme can be completed within 18 months and is divided into 3 semesters with a total number of 40 credits (SKS) consisting of:
31 credits (SKS) coursework, 2 credits (SKS) project, 1 credit (SKS) seminar and 6 credits (SKS) thesis.
Participants in this programme are required to pass all courses prescribed in the programme structure, including presenting and defending their thesis in front of the examination panel, prior to graduating.
Once all requirements have been fulfilled, participants in this programme are awarded the Indonesian degree of Magister Ilmu Komputer (M.Kom.).
A Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Information Systems, Business or other relevant professional degree from an accredited or reputable university or institution of higher education with a minimum of 1 (one) year working experience in a relevant field. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply and subject to passing an interview with the Dean of the IT Faculty or the Head of the MIT programme.
To apply for admissions to MIT in SGU, the following documents have to be submitted:
- A copy of Bachelor’s degree certificate.
- A copy of ID card, passport, or KITAS.
- Two 4 x 6 cm photographs with red as the background.
- Registration receipt fee.
- TOEFL / IELTS Score (if available)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two recommendation letters from supervisors at work or faculty members during your undergraduate study.
Requirements for international applicants:
- Certificates legalization through DIKTI (Indonesian higher education authority).
- Stay/Work Permit.
Mr. M. Amin Soetomo at +62 21 3045 0045 Ext. 5203, mohammad.soetomo [at] lecturer.sgu.ac.id
Mrs. Rachmawati at +62 21 3045 0045 Ext. 5204, rachmawati [at] sgu.ac.id